Who says vintage engagement ring is out of style? If you think most brides today prefer the modern designs of engagement rings, you are probably mistaken with that perception because there are still lots of brides who want a vintage engagement ring. This type of engagement ring does not only inherent charm and uniqueness because such kinds of ring are typically inexpensive and it often features much better craftsmanship and are instant heirloom.
On the other hand, if you are a man and you are looking for the perfect vintage engagement ring for your soon-to-be bride, there are some tips that you need to follow provided by London’s finest – www.berganza.com. Here are as follows:
- Know the kind of ring she likes – There are some men who come in without having any idea about the kind of ring that his girlfriend wants. Before deciding to purchase one, make sure that you have asked her about the right she wants. Though she wants a vintage one, at least have an idea of the design or style she wants.
- Craftsmanship – In choosing the best vintage engagement ring, make sure that you will take a closer look on the craftsmanship of the ring. If you wish to have a vintage ring but it appears to be in a modern era, make sure that you will not spend more than what you have paid for just to have an authentic ring of an era. As much as possible, try to avoid poor replica rings in which in imitates the style of a vintage one and when it comes to quality and character, it holds down.
- Unusual Center Stones – Despite of the fact that diamonds are considered as the most famous stone for engagement bands, however you should know that this is not always true. You have to be careful in distinguishing a real from fake one. Also, you need to be careful of softer stones such as pearl, opal and emerald, which might get easily damaged or have internal cracks. In buying, don’t just be captivated with its appearance but on the quality and authenticity.
- Quality Diamond – As what you can notice, the standard quality today is no longer as high as the older diamonds. Thought white is being considered today as the best diamond however there are still others who look for slightly green, yellow or rose diamonds. The methods of cutting diamonds are different and the scientific ability in identifying flaws is not even advanced.
- Consider your Budget – If you have tight budget however you want to give your girlfriend a vintage engagement, you can consider buying a ring with larger diamond from 1930s to 1940s. You will notice that the diamonds in the bands are set in an elaborately carved setting, allowing the diamond to look larger.
- Find a Perfect Vintage Engagement Ring Retailer – If you find it hard to look for a perfect vintage engagement ring, the best thing that you can do is to go a place where antique or vintage rings and jewelleries are offered. Through this, you can have the assurance that you would be able find the perfect fit and you will choose the ring that will be liked by your girlfriend.